PREPARTION FOR TESTING
NERVE CONDUCTION VELOCITIES (NCV)
Shower prior to the test to help facilitate proper electrode adhesion. Please keep the areas being tested free from any lotions or oils.
ELECTROENCEPHALOGRAPHY (EEG) & VISUAL EVOKED POTENTIAL (VEP)
Wash hair on the day of the exam and avoid using conditioner or hair styling products (hairspray, mousse, gel). Remove any hair pieces prior to testing.
On the day of testing:
- maintain your normal schedule
- do not start any new diet or exercise programs
- eat dinner prior to reporting the Oakleaf Sleep Lab by 8:30pm
- bring something comfortable to wear while sleeping
- you may bring your own pillow if desired
- avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to testing
- do not take naps on the day of testing
- discuss whether or not to take antidepressants and sleeping aids with your doctor prior to testing
- take all other prescribed medications
- wash hair on the day of the exam and avoid using conditioner or hair styling products (hairspray, mousse, gel). Remove any hair pieces prior to testing.
The test will run from 9pm until 6am the following morning.
MULTIPLE SLEEP LATENCY TESTING (MSLT)
MSLT is done after PSG if necessary.
- light breakfast and lunch will be provided
- you are expected to stay awake in between naps
MSLT will be completed by 4pm.